Eighth Week Dances

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eighth Week Dances - Page 2 Empty Re: Eighth Week Dances

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 6:23 pm

newto the boards wrote:JMHO but I'd give anything for Zendaya to win. Derek has won so many trophies and I find his dance styles are pretty repetitive from year to year. You can almost predict what he is going to do in a particular dance.

As I posted elsewhere, I'd love it if Val could take home the trophy for his family since Maks has never won despite all his efforts.

I really don't want Derek to have another trophy under his belt, but I really want Kellie to win. I think Zendaya is a great dancer, but IMHO she is young and is not yet a truly "polished" dancer (although, in this show it's really not all about the best dancer). Another reason I don't want Zendaya to win is that I have to wonder if next year they will bring someone even younger onto the show. I never felt she belonged here in the first place. Just my personal opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Rein - I do agree with you about Zendaya's age. As I posted somewhere, at 16 she should be with people of her own age. Perhaps this is a symptom of how difficult it has become to get celebrities on to the show.
Not everyone is willing to give up "X" number of weeks at 8+ hours a day rehearsing. The show is a fine concept, but after all this time it is dancing on some very weak legs. JMHO. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 7:17 pm

newto the boards wrote:Rein - I do agree with you about Zendaya's age. As I posted somewhere, at 16 she should be with people of her own age. Perhaps this is a symptom of how difficult it has become to get celebrities on to the show.
Not everyone is willing to give up "X" number of weeks at 8+ hours a day rehearsing. The show is a fine concept, but after all this time it is dancing on some very weak legs. JMHO. Crying or Very sad

I agree Newto...Like I said before I don't know half of the stars and I'm finding myself less and less interested. Like you said, could be that DWTS is just having a hard time finding celebrities who not only have the time, but the ambition. I know people who used to watch it religiously who no longer even tune in any more.

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue May 07, 2013 8:03 pm

I agree with both you, and Newto, Rein, about Zendaya's age. I also have a problem with stars being on the show who are dancers, or have dance experience.

It doesn't matter to me if Derek wins again, I would really like to see Kellie win it.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue May 07, 2013 8:16 pm

I agree with you USN, Newto and Rein!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 8:42 pm

USN wrote:I agree with both you, and Newto, Rein, about Zendaya's age. I also have a problem with stars being on the show who are dancers, or have dance experience.

It doesn't matter to me if Derek wins again, I would really like to see Kellie win it.

That too USN....dancing experience....that to me is a biggie. People will argue that Zendaya is only skilled in hip-hop. Regardless, whatever style of dance, that dancer has an edge by leaps and bounds on a non-dancer.

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue May 07, 2013 8:54 pm

That's exactly right, Rein.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue May 07, 2013 9:33 pm

victorian3 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Some quick thoughts halfway through the show. If you don't want to know anything, skip this post til later.
When I write the judges scores, it is as they are seated, carrie, then Len, then Bruno.

Zendaya was great. Viennese Waltz. Playful, light on feet, fluid, smooth,intricate steps. me 10 Them 9 10 9
UH OH. It's now ove ran hour later. i couldn't pause the tv any longer so had to go finish the show. and I'm tired...big day tomorrow:)
Sean poor Sean, he should be the one to go tomorrow. he didn't do very well but made a valinat effort as always. it's kinda cute in a way..like a large puppy trying to please but knocking things over. That's how I see hi, sometimes:) Tango saw stress written all over his face. He almost danced into the floodlight on the dance floor. Awkward foot placement. When dancing forward in promenade postition, the face, body and FEET msust face forward in the direction one is dancing. His large foot kept going sideways at a perpendicular angle to Peta's. me7 them 777

Jacoby Viennese Waltz I wrote: "butt out' and "shirt taken off". he did a good job...had the gliding movements down pat. Me 9 them 999
NOTE Watch for the skybox interview when he is alone on the ocuch and brooke is talking to , I think it was Allie and Mark but maybe Kellie and derek. he is sitting there making weird faces, looking to his side, talking to I don't know who and it looks STRANGE to see him in dressed in a yellow bullfighter's regalia right behind the couple being interviewed. (Sorry I am tired so this may sound a bit disjointed)

Ingo Fox Trot He says during practice that he is exhausted, feel s sick from being sore and tired and then he comes out and gies a great performance. I wrote "a delight to watch". He had good posture and good foot placement,, an easy glide,a casual feel, looked like a natural. Me 8-9 not sure Them 888

Kellie Fox Trot Watch for Derek's hand on her breast (accidental) I only saw it because I replay things in slow motion and then get up and practice it. She had her back to him during a turn and his hand was in the wrong spot for a split second Wonder if she noticed:D Beacutiful dance, smooth, they were like a mirror image for most of it dancing in sync me 10, Them 9 9 10 AND carrie ann complimented her. Imagine that. She told her that she saw emotion tonight and that she went above and beyond the steps . And then carrie's stunning comment "This is the key to unlocking you as a winner!" Can yu believe it..from Carrie!!!

Allie Argentine Tango. Ok I am not a fan of Allie, seems that not many of us are, but she was really great at this dance. It was sexy(well, her moves were) and it was believable. Mark really trained her well. me 10 yes a 10 them 9 10 10
Zendaya Salsa magnifient perfect, all 3 in sync, so much going on yet no one was off.Meshed well, little hip hop break Me 10 them 10 10 10 First perfect score of the season. She could beat kellie. I didn't think so before but she is growing in leaps and bounds. This salsa was a joy to watch.

Sean Jazz Not too great, cute idea but he was off. he had his happy moves down. In the dance there was one move he could do successfully and it was repeated a few times. other than that, not great. Me 7 them 777 (He's officially in the bottom of the Leader Board.

Jacoby Paso Doble WOW!!!! beautiful paso sakirts flying, an A+ routine with Cheryla and karina (two fabulous female pros). he had the powerful masterful bullfighter moves. Commanded the stage me 9-10 not sure Them 898 I thought he was better than what they said.

Ingo Jive. Cute routine, he kept up and didn't miss a step but Ingo did not have the technique tha the had the first number. He had a tough practice week so I guess one dance had to suffer and this was it. He din't kick high or sharp enough and his toes were not pointed (called the kicks and flicks). Me 8 them 888 (Remember i thought his first dance could have been an ().

Kellie Paso Doble LEN"S MAJOR MELTDOWN TIRADE HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT which luckily Tom Bergeron was able to ad lib about. Intense. I thought he'd turn red and pass out. he was hsouting and screaming, mainly furious with Derek or not including certain Paso steps. he always hates the razz amatazz and he said that this was just loud music and flashing lights and crashing mirrors. My thoughts: there are a lot of variations one can do in a dance besides the baic steps. i saw many in this Paso. i saw flair, drama, and a well executed piece. Nothing was hidden because the concept. No inepitude was being covered up. I wrote"wow! Dark world captured by all three. Dramatic. Precise, sharp, staccato" which is how it should be. Kelly channeled the part perfectly. me 10 them 10, 7, 10 yesm len gave her a 7!!!!

Allie JiveShe was so busy counting the beat that her performance suffered. She di the steps but it was not so believable. She did much better in the first dance. She danced the teps well, but there wasn't much of a connection. me 8-9 Them 999

That's it folks. This was an effort but I love you gals andI know how much SLA counts on me (my fan club president).
I will be busy with my mother but will check in for comments. Hope this helps you all out to nitice some things thatyou might not have noticed. Some of you don' t need my help at all --you seem to have done well without me last week Very Happy

Guess no one liked my recap:( It took an hour. No one commented on it. Results show on now. Posted a spoiler of who is in jeopardy.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Vic, your comments were also on the thread DWTS Eighth Week thread and I commented there this morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue May 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Vic3 your comments are on 3 different threads as Grace copied them from the L'Ettes Chat thread to a new thread over here. So yes vic3 a lot of people liked your recap. Very Happy
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue May 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi SLA and Dr. Rein, thanks for telling me. I'll go look at Lettes Chat. Just put my mom to bed and I am exhausted too. So enjoy the show if yu haven't seen it, and hope you liked my recap.
Nite.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue May 07, 2013 11:14 pm

BlueMoon wrote:I think Sean's a goner this week. I thought Ingo was going to be one, too, after they showed the clip of his practice session (it was just so negative and I thought that would hurt him) until I saw his dance, which wasn't bad.
I don't see why they think all the flips and cartwheels are necessary. The lifts, now, those I can see. And, doing all of this in heels - no way.
The heavier, older dancers are definitely at a disadvantage. Ingo made a comment this week that he could only work out so many hours a day - he's one of the older ones, too. The pros are in incredible shape.
I thought Zendaya looked great in that longer dress - she didn't look so gangly and awkward. Overall, I think I liked Kellie's dance the best. I think it is going to be difficult for the judges to pick a winner this time.
ITA agree about Zendaya looking better in the longer dress--MUCH better.
ITA about all the aerobatics. Dips and some lifts are all we nee to see. In the real ballroom champiionships, like the OhioStar Ball, they do not do all of that. It is just excellent basic steps and excellent variaitons. The kind of dancing that len would like. More dance, less razzmatazz.

I alsoTA about the older dancers. Geesh, i tried to hold onto a chair and do this move that on eo the female pros did, think it was karina but my back wouldn't bend all the way parallel to the floor. I am out of shape. Ingo is right, it really hurts.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue May 07, 2013 11:15 pm

newto the boards wrote:JMHO but I'd give anything for Zendaya to win. Derek has won so many trophies and I find his dance styles are pretty repetitive from year to year. You can almost predict what he is going to do in a particular dance.

As I posted elsewhere, I'd love it if Val could take home the trophy for his family since Maks has never won despite all his efforts.

Newto, if Val took home the trophy for the Chmerkovsky family, do y ou think that Maks would TRULY sincerely be glad for him or would there be some jealousy? (Sla and anyone else can weigh in on this too).
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue May 07, 2013 11:19 pm

singlyme wrote:I don't know where everyone was looking but Aly's legs were wonky on two of those lifts.

The stand-outs for me were Zen and Kellie. Z's Foxtrot was delightful and had me smiling all the way through. She looked like someone out of an old Shirley Jones/Jane Powell-type musical. Innocent, fun and flirtatious. Sweet and smooth.

As much as Kellie's dancing, Derek's transitional piece was genius. It was captivating to watch. And Tristan, the little dickens. Woo-hoo.

Jacoby is fun to watch, but his "leaps" are getting as old as Aly's previous tumbling penchant. The first one was surprising but three dances later, it's annoying. As I said, he's fun to watch - until he's done dancing. The mush-mouth and facial expressions are irritating - as self-important and in-your-face as his mama.

As for Sean, I don't think Bach Nation can save him after last night's poor performances. Ingo did much better in spite of his exhaustion.
Singly, ITA about your thoughts on Jacoby. Did you see the part during the skybox interview with another couple and he was on the couch making faces, and looking all around, and whispering to someone but on one else was on the couch...
Guess his mannerims runs in the family, but jhe sure is a great football player. I saw that 108 yard punt return touchdown. it was great!

That's my amateur take on things.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue May 07, 2013 11:24 pm

sdreindeer wrote:
newto the boards wrote:Rein - I do agree with you about Zendaya's age. As I posted somewhere, at 16 she should be with people of her own age. Perhaps this is a symptom of how difficult it has become to get celebrities on to the show.

I agree Newto...Like I said before I don't know half of the stars and I'm finding myself less and less interested. Like you said, could be that DWTS is just having a hard time finding celebrities who not only have the time, but the ambition. I know people who used to watch it religiously who no longer even tune in any more.
Sometimes a show has run it's course but the producers let it end on a high note and that's it. Like Sex and the City. Maybe it's time for DWTS. If they keep getting "stars" tha twe don't know, and people just get bored with the premise and sick of the cartwheels, then wouldn't it be better to go out on the high note?
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue May 07, 2013 11:27 pm

USN wrote:I agree with both you, and Newto, Rein, about Zendaya's age. I also have a problem with stars being on the show who are dancers, or have dance experience.

ITA agree with you USN abut stars with experience being on the show. it isn't fair. Some people do not have dance experience but just genuinely "feel" the music and are naturals so they can pick it up better. That is okay. Tjhey stand out from night one.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed May 08, 2013 1:34 am

victorian3 wrote:

ITA agree with you USN abut stars with experience being on the show. it isn't fair. Some people do not have dance experience but just genuinely "feel" the music and are naturals so they can pick it up better. That is okay. Tjhey stand out from night one.

I also agree with you both and now next week Zendaya is going to being the hip hop and that's what she does as a Disney Actress so it that fair to the other dancers? I'm with USN in that I would really like to see Kellie win and I seriously can't see or believe she was in any kind of jeopardy tonight!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Wed May 08, 2013 1:40 am

I agree Vic, there have been a number that have fallen into that category.

I don't believe that she was in any jeopardy tonight either, SLA!!
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed May 08, 2013 7:25 am

victorian3 wrote:

Newto, if Val took home the trophy for the Chmerkovsky family, do y ou think that Maks would TRULY sincerely be glad for him or would there be some jealousy? (Sla and anyone else can weigh in on this too).

The two are not mutually exclusive. Yes, I absolutely believe that Maks would truly and sincerely be glad for his brother. They seem to be a very close-knit family. There might also be a bit of jealousy that he wasn't able to win one, especially with Mel B who should (IMHO of course) have won that season. But I don't think that would get in the way of his being really happy for Val.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Wed May 08, 2013 8:19 am

LadyMustang65 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:

The two are not mutually exclusive. Yes, I absolutely believe that Maks would truly and sincerely be glad for his brother. They seem to be a very close-knit family. There might also be a bit of jealousy that he wasn't able to win one, especially with Mel B who should (IMHO of course) have won that season. But I don't think that would get in the way of his being really happy for Val.
Hi Lady mustang. yes, I had that thought that possibly his feelings would be a mix. So you see it that ways too.
And YES, Mel B should have won. I will always remember her fantastic Paso Doble. I don't remember that many dances but that one really stood out. Her ot winnning is one reason Iwonder about this show's voting system.. Did the fans really not choose her? What if any eliminated star this season had a fan base of more people than anyone else and yet their dancing was atrocious. Could he/she win even with judges giving low scores but fan base votes overriding it? Hmmm....
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 9:25 am

Maks and Val are part of a close-knit family and I think Maks would be happy for his brother. I have some doubt that we are going to see Maks put himself through another season of verbiage with the current judging panel. He and Tony D. own a chain of dance studios which probably keep both of them busy and bringing in enough cash to support themselves.

On the question of previous experience, Melissa Rycroft was a cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys and obviously had some dance moves under her belt before DWTS.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Wed May 08, 2013 9:36 am

newto the boards wrote:Maks and Val are part of a close-knit family and I think Maks would be happy for his brother. I have some doubt that we are going to see Maks put himself through another season of verbiage with the current judging panel. He and Tony D. own a chain of dance studios which probably keep both of them busy and bringing in enough cash to support themselves.

On the question of previous experience, Melissa Rycroft was a cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys and obviously had some dance moves under her belt before DWTS.

Dear Dr. Rein,
Thanks for the info on the dance studios. I had no idea that Maks and Tony were in business together... Do you know where these studios are located. probably one is in NYC for sure--in Manhattan. Wonder what it is called. I knew all the dance studios there. Is it new, as in this year?
yur friend
victorian
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 9:45 am

Vic -- did you mean that question about the dance studios for me? If so, I have no idea where the studios are. Maybe rein will know.

Well, you piqued my curiosity and when I'm curious I have to find out things: So, here's a link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 10:13 am

I think the studios are located somewhere in New York City??

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Wed May 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Here's Sean and Peta on GMA this morning...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top