Seventh Week

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seventh Week - Page 2 Empty Re: Seventh Week

Post by singlyme Fri May 03, 2013 6:25 am

USN wrote:Welcome, BlueMoon! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi everyone! I really think they should have fixed her up with with a younger dancer around her age. I would not have let my 16 y/o daughter dance with Val.

Especially after that paw-fest with Kelly last season. Seriously...I think the clips are making it clear just how he's defined his role with Zen. No hanky-panky.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Fri May 03, 2013 12:28 pm

I never said or implied that there was, or would be any hanky-panky. I was just saying that I thought it would be more appropriate to pair her with a younger dancer.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2013 3:51 pm

USN wrote:I never said or implied that there was, or would be any hanky-panky. I was just saying that I thought it would be more appropriate to pair her with a younger dancer.

That was my point, exactly. He knows enough not to pull any hanky-panky with someone of that age, and as such, is being a total gentleman. I wonder the ages of the other male professionals on the show, as I really don't have a clue.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri May 03, 2013 4:08 pm

USN wrote:I never said or implied that there was, or would be any hanky-panky. I was just saying that I thought it would be more appropriate to pair her with a younger dancer.

I didn't mean to imply you implied. LOL. Sorry. Do we have a younger pro male? Or would they need to dip into the troupe?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Fri May 03, 2013 5:35 pm

No problem, and no need to apologize, Singly. I just didn't want to leave anyone with the impression that I think Val would be anything less than a gentleman. I think Derek is the youngest on the show, and then Mark. They would probably have to dip into the troupe pool, or pull from the junior competitors.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat May 04, 2013 6:36 am

Gotcha. I suppose height has its role, as well. Mark did get a young person in Aly, but I don't know how tall he is. Derek? Well....?? They may have tagged for height in Zen's case. Is she really tall or just appear so? Gleb seemed tall, but the way he behaved with Lisa would not translate to Zen.

It's extremely difficult with my Direct TV upgrade to gauge height and weight. Everyone now looks like beanpoles. If there's a fix, I don't know what it is.

We should really look into this. The height of the pros, I mean. It MUST play a part in pair selection.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 8:32 am

I think Zendaya would have done well with Tony Dovolani, but they gave him Ashley Judd. As a married man with children, I think Tony would have been a great partner for her. Val would have looked like a midget next to Ashley Judd, IMHO.

I think Zendaya is tall, but Val is, I think, shorter than his brother. And, G-d only only knows why and how they pair them up.

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sun May 05, 2013 12:02 am

I'm sure height is taken into consideration when choosing partners, Singly. It doesn't look like any of the guys are all that tall.

I agree with you, Newto; Tony would have been a good choice for Zendaya. I also think Louis would've been a good choice. He was really good with Kelly. Jonathan would have been a good one, too. I still think someone closer to her age would have been the best way to go.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun May 05, 2013 7:37 am

I still want to make the point that I don't think it's Val's age that makes the pairing seem inappropriate. I think it's his past behavior with Kelly that imprinted on many. It's difficult to discard the impression of a skirt-chasing rogue.

Personally, while the overt pawing the couple did last season was no doubt for the benefit of the camera, it left a disgusted taste in my mouth. And this season, they made a point of displaying his awareness that she's just a child - otherwise, he'd have been all over her (which ALSO seemed for the benefit of those who like seeing him as some sort of Casanova.) He just doesn't appeal to me, regardless.

Bad idea to make ANY of the pros look anything but straight-arrow. So many have been eliminated this season, it won't be possible to check out heights in the opening lineup tomorrow.

Newto & USA: I agree that Tony would have been good with her, but they weren't going to give him good dancers two years in a row. Only Derek gets that.

USA: Wasn't Jonathan completely dropped from the show? Not sure, but it seems so. He doesn't even dance in any of the special numbers, does he? As for Louis - primo. I can't help but wonder - when's the last time he put in a season with a celeb?

SLA: You're always the one with data. Do you know anything about ages and heights on the male pros?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun May 05, 2013 9:17 am

Singly I don't know anything about ages and heights on the male pros, only that Maks appears taller than his younger brother Val. I just go looking to find the dances they will perform each week other than that I really do not know much about the dancing - just if I like what they have done or not. I am far from an expert when it comes to the different dances and how they should be performed - more like an armchair quarterback when it comes to this show. That's why I asked someone that knows dance to critique the show for this site.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 9:37 am

Singly - Tony got Melissa Rycroft on the All-Star season because they were partnered before and made a great impression on everyone. Once she was picked for that show they would not have dared to pair her with anyone else. JMHO.

I agree with you about the impression Val left last season with Kelly; perhaps this pairing was meant to redeem in the eyes of the viewers.
Who knows?

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sun May 05, 2013 6:42 pm

What I found on heights is that Maks is 6'2", Tony is 6'1" Derek is 5'8-10", and Louis is 5'7". Those were the only ones I could find.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sun May 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Ok, here are their ages: Louis-40, Tony-39, Maks-33, Tristan-30, Val-28, Derek- 27, and Mark-26. Did I leave anyone out?

Oops! Gleb is 29.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun May 05, 2013 8:34 pm

USN wrote:Ok, here are their ages: Louis-40, Tony-39, Maks-33, Tristan-30, Val-28, Derek- 27, and Mark-26. Did I leave anyone out?

Oops! Gleb is 29.

Nice job USN! So it looks like the only way they could have gotten someone closer to her age would have been to use one of the troupe members since Lindsay came from there and she was only 19 maybe they have some younger men as well.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sun May 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Thanks, SLA! Well, I think Julianne was only 19 when she started on the show. It looks like that's what they would have to have done.

USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 06, 2013 6:45 am

USN wrote:Ok, here are their ages: Louis-40, Tony-39, Maks-33, Tristan-30, Val-28, Derek- 27, and Mark-26. Did I leave anyone out?

Oops! Gleb is 29.

Thanks, USN. I wish there were some way to date this and etch the info on a sidebar so we can reference it in the future. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon May 06, 2013 7:45 am

SLA44 wrote:Singly I don't know anything about ages and heights on the male pros, only that Maks appears taller than his younger brother Val. I just go looking to find the dances they will perform each week other than that I really do not know much about the dancing - just if I like what they have done or not. I am far from an expert when it comes to the different dances and how they should be performed - more like an armchair quarterback when it comes to this show. That's why I asked someone that knows dance to critique the show for this site.

Did I hear my name:D Do you mean little 'ole me? Yeah, the expert...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 06, 2013 7:55 am

Well, if the shoe fits, Vic....

I'm one who doesn't know squat about proper holds or steps. Just know what I find pleasant to watch. I DO recognize breaks and obvious flubs. Good/Bad choreography. Music appropriate to the dance. Otherwise, NOT. lol

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon May 06, 2013 10:09 am

victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:Singly I don't know anything about ages and heights on the male pros, only that Maks appears taller than his younger brother Val. I just go looking to find the dances they will perform each week other than that I really do not know much about the dancing - just if I like what they have done or not. I am far from an expert when it comes to the different dances and how they should be performed - more like an armchair quarterback when it comes to this show. That's why I asked someone that knows dance to critique the show for this site.

Did I hear my name:D Do you mean little 'ole me? Yeah, the expert...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yep you heard your name vic3! Very Happy
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top