Seventh Week

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seventh Week Empty Seventh Week

Post by SLA44 Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Here are the dances they will be doing tomorrow night copied from a post on the ABC DWTS board:

Individual Dances for Week 7 Latin Night & Immunity Challenge
Aly & Mark- Salsa

Andy & Sharna- Rumba

Ingo & Kym- Rumba

Jacoby & Karina- Salsa

Kellie & Derek- Samba

Sean & Peta- Rumba

Zendaya & Val- Paso Doble

If you haven't seen the twist for tomorrow night ABC's press release in it's own thread under the DWTS topic.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Seventh Week Empty Re: Seventh Week

Post by grace8136 Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:44 am

I don't know if anyone here watches Burning love, but I just got done watching their bachelor pad parody. They had a dance off that they called "Dance like your parents" It was so funny.

Thanks for posting the dances SLA. I heard that Sean had to learn 4 dances this week, so with that and after last week, I have my expectations set very very low. My guess is that this will be his last week. Pickle dance
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:08 pm

grace8136 wrote:I don't know if anyone here watches Burning love, but I just got done watching their bachelor pad parody. They had a dance off that they called "Dance like your parents" It was so funny.

Thanks for posting the dances SLA. I heard that Sean had to learn 4 dances this week, so with that and after last week, I have my expectations set very very low. My guess is that this will be his last week. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Boy that's a lot of dances they had to learn, I wonder if they were given three different dances that could be used for the dance off and so they had to learn them all plus the one for their individual. That seems like a big task to me to learn four new dances in a week! No
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:27 pm

hmmm. no discussion on this week's dances? Crying or Very sad I thought Sean did way better than last week and 100X times better than I expected him to do. Maybe he will last another week after all.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:57 am

Grace I agree with you on Sean doing much better on his dance this week and now it all depends on the fan base. There hasn't been much activity on the boards the past few days. I will say that I was impressed with the way that Val selected the pair he felt would give him the best competition in the dance off and that left Sean and Ingo to go against one another which was also a good match up. All in all I thought tonight was much better than last week's show.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:19 am

Sean is good when it is a slow dance. If you make it fast well "Houston we have a problem" Man dance

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:58 am

Well, I think it's safe to say it'll be Sean and Andy in the bottom tonight.

Sean showed a lot more grace this week. And it's obvious that with Catherine there, Carrie's hunk-lust is absent. After the huge improvement, she still had to nitpick the hands. If she can't drool, she's not giving any free points.

Kellie and Zendaya led the field, as usual. But did you notice that little nit-pick for Kellie from Carrie? Didn't she nit pick her to a nine last week, as well? She seemed self-conscious in delivering the critique, as if she knew she was "digging" for a negative.

Everyone's improving and it's actually lovely to watch. Even Andy. lol. I love that he's so good-natured and enthusiastic, but I think it's time for him to go home.

Sorry. I LOVE gymnastics and was glued to the TV for this sport during the Olympics, but I simply cannot get enthused about Aly's dancing. While the judges raved, I thought she looked like a wild woman in that dance. She went from stone-faced to over the top.

Just when I say I love Brooke's gowns, she wears a shattered mirror. This one was horrid. I'm hoping for her usual classy number tonight.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:57 am

Sean did much better last night, but I think it will be between him and Andy tonight. If he makes it for another week though, that will probably be it. I thought the dance between him and Ingo was close, but do believe Ingo did better. His moves just seem smoother than Sean's.

I too just don't feel it for Allie. She can dance pretty good, but to me, she just lacks the "it" or "charisma" or whatever it is.

Andy has grown on me and I'm surprised he has hung in this long.

I know most don't agree with me and think Zendaya is the best, but I think she looks too gangly and akward. However, I do think she is going to grow into herself and someday be a great dancer.

Jacoby has come a long way and is I believe one of the top contenders but I sure hope Kellie wins.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:57 am

Rein I agree with you on everything you said and with Aly, to me she is just blah, lacks charisma and is just forgettable. I'm one that does not think Zendaya is the best because she is too gangly or awkward and too me her arms and legs look like wet noodles flying all over the place. She is still just a child and IMHO does not belong on a show like DWTS!

Singly I think you are so correct about Carrie Ann and her trying to find something to nitpick Kellie about last night was so obvious and just plain ridiculous and then to turn around and rave about how wonderful Aly was - oh really? Give me a break! I don't know what her problem with Kellie is but she has had it week after week and she always has to find something to nitpick her on. If she thinks that viewers cannot see that she is one conceited person that is way to full of herself. I have no respect for her anymore if I ever did to begin with.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:22 am

JMO Carrie Ann, has a chip on her shoulder. Kelly has never danced but she has a great ability to learn how to dance and do it with class and diligent hard work. But to Carrie she finds fault with everyone of her dances. The men have tried to tell her she is wrong, I have never seen her except there opinion. So in other words she is never wrong. I really like Kelly as a person. How many friends would shave her hair when her best friend found out she has breast cancer. They both saved their hair together. I am sure the amount is small where a friend shaves their head. I have never heard a bad word said about her. She does a lot of work for charity. She does not do it took her name in the press.
Andy I admire to over come his daemons. That is not an easy road to travel. I know first hand cause my dad killed himself. I can say it is time to go.
Sean did better last night, I think everyone can say he will never be in the shadow of Gene Kelly. I think he should be able to stay tonight. He is on a a very short staircase.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:37 am

I have mixed feelings about the show last night. I enjoyed the dancing, but the judging really left me angry. In what universe exactly does Aly get better scores than Zendaya based on those two dances? Aly did fine with her dance, but the choreography seemed to me to be fairly basic most of the time with a lot of shimmying and shaking in between while Zendaya danced a well-choreographed and beautifully executed paso. Was it perfect? No. Was it better than Aly? Oh yeah. And usually I can defend Len, but I am beyond fed up with him right now. He has yet to give Zendaya a 10, but he's given Kellie two and now Aly one. Really, Len? Time for some glasses, dear. [Sorry, just realized that Len didn't give Aly the 10 - Carrie Ann and Bruno did. Len gave her a 9, which was still wrong because Zendaya's paso was much better than Aly's salsa/samba/whatever it was she was doing. There's just no way Zendaya and Val were the third best last night.]

And don't even get me started on the scoring for Andy. That pissed me off so much. Is he the worst dancer left? Yup. Was Sean 7 points better than Andy? Not by a long shot. Was Andy worse than last week, Carrie Ann? Nope. Witch. That score was just insulting, and it was uncalled for. Andy has been nothing but enthusiastic, upbeat, determined and enjoying himself this whole time, and they have to go and dump on him like that. It was ridiculous to suggest that his dancing not only hasn't improved at all over the last 7 weeks but is getting worse. They've given worse dancers better scores because "they're trying." But they can't give Andy a break, especially given that they knew going into it that there was no way on God's green earth that they were going to let Andy win a face-off against anyone, even if his opponent fell on their butt during their dance. Not classy, show. Seriously not classy.

I have really enjoyed Jacoby, but I have to admit that they are going to the splits and jumping over Karina well too often, and it's starting to annoy me. As is Jacoby's mom. They need to keep her off the camera. It was cute and funny the first time. Now it's just tired and boring.

Sorry if I sound a bit cranky this morning. It's been a hard day so far, and it's going to be a really long one as well, as I have class tonight after work. So I'm goofing off for a couple of minutes trying to calm down a bit so I don't kill the next stupid person who walks in or calls here. :0=

Much as I would love to see Sean be the one to go tonight (he's a slightly better dancer than Andy but not as much fun to watch, and I like Sharna way better than Peta), I don't see any way Andy can escape it tonight. The judges have put him in such a huge hole I just don't think anyone could make up the difference. It's like when the judges/producers clearly wanted Nicole or Jennifer or whoever it was to win, so they had one of their challenges to put Evan Lysacek down by 7 points on the last night. They've stacked the deck against Andy, so I'm guessing he'll go this week. Then we'll see whether it's Ingo or Sean the week after.

Last edited by LadyMustang65 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got my facts wrong!)

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Great post, LadyMustang65. I totally agree with most everything you said. If this program continues, it really is time to get some new judges.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:54 am

Geez, mustang, you're on a hot roll this morning. Please don't kill anyone! lol. I have to disagree about Sean being "slightly" better than Andy. I think Ingo was "slightly" better than Sean last night. Sean looked much more graceful than he has in the past.

But I also agree that Andy was improved - but it's time now. Regardless of how hard he's tried and his great attitude, he'd need a lot more training to compete with the remaining celebs. He certainly doesn't deserve some of the crude judge comments that have been made regarding his efforts.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:31 pm

Singly - I would agree that Sean looked more graceful than he has in the past, but unfortunately he is still very stiff when he moves, and I just never feel anything from him when he dances. He kept sticking his butt out last night, and there was still a lot of walking around instead of actual dance. I would also agree that Ingo was slightly better than Sean last night. Ingo and Sean are pretty close in ability, I think. Neither one seems to have any real natural rhythm or musicality, but I think Ingo gets closer to the mark more often than Sean.

I can't honestly disagree that it's Andy's time to go. But at this point I'm angry enough about the way he's been treated that I would love to see the voters give a collective middle finger to TPTB by keeping Andy on another week or two. If he were to outlast Sean and/or Ingo, it wouldn't be a travesty in the overall scheme of things. Imho, none of those three are going to win it. Based on dance ability (not that that has ever been the sole or even most important criteria on this show!) alone, the final four should be Kellie, Zendaya, Jacoby and Aly with the first two definitely making the final three and the last spot going to either one of the last two. But that's just me. Your mileage may vary. Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:28 pm

I have to agree about the final three/four. The rest will go one by one.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Well, looks like I haven't even been missed:(
On top of not feeling well, my computer just went KAPUT. Amazing how lost one feels when that happens. Just got another one but it is different and I have to adjust to it.

Seems like you all have it covered on last night's episode. I agree with basically everything that all of you had to say.

DEFINITELY feel that Ingo was slightly better than Sean. Ingo certainly should not have received 7s while Sean got 8s. The judges seem to be promoting Sean. Yes, he did a little better last night but compared to Ingo, there wasn't any Rhumba walks in sight and that is the basic step of any Rhumba.
One point none of you made that I think is important is about the music. Last night I was happy to see that some real bona fide Latin music was played as they danced Latin dances. Some couples had GREAT music...exactly what would be playing in a club or dance hall for that particular dance (whichever dance it was). Meanwhile, some other couples did NOT have the right music. Case in point: Andy. His instrumental music was most definitely for a CHA Cha and NOT for a Rhumba. I have heard that song so many times. In the first few measures any dancer knows what dance to do based on the music and the beat. That music was a Cha Cha. It was not music for a sexy Rhumba. Cha Cha is more lively and not at all seuctive.

Kelly's music was just eh.It wasn't latin at all...more like pop rock. It was NOT a good choice for a Samba. Beginning dancers need to hear the beat and some of the music played the last few weeks, especially for certain contestants, made it extra hard to dance to. Allie had the perfect music for her Salsa. BTW, her salsa as you said was just a lot of shimmying. When she did do some of the basic steps, they looked very heavy and not light and bouncey. She should NOT have had any 10s. 9s okay. But that's it.

Everything else you gals covered. (Yes have to say that no way Andy should have gotten that 5 from Carrie Ann. You all said it but just had to reiterate...along with Kellie not deserving any criticism from Carrie Ann GRRRR)
Now I'll go watch the results show.
Hope everyone is doing okay.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed May 01, 2013 7:07 am

Yes, I did miss ya, kiddo. Was about to wonder in print where you were and if you were ill. Glad all is okay.

Many of us gritch over the music. You're right. Many times, it just doesn't fit the dance.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Wed May 01, 2013 9:58 am

singlyme wrote:Yes, I did miss ya, kiddo. Was about to wonder in print where you were and if you were ill. Glad all is okay.

Many of us gritch over the music. You're right. Many times, it just doesn't fit the dance.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Wed May 01, 2013 10:08 pm

I figured Andy would be the next to go. I feel for Sharna because I think she really tries extra hard to make up for what he can't do. Some people just aren't great dancers. I know I'm not.
I think Sean will be the next one to go.
I like Zendaya and I think she's a great dancer, but she is a little young to be on the show. I think Kellie and Derek will take the mirror ball, though. I didn't think Derek was going to be on the show this season, but I'm glad to see him. He is an incredible dancer.
It's nice, too, to see some new pros on the show this time. I just can't imagine dancing in those high heels much less doing flips in them. I hope they have good medical insurance. Now they've started doing those little dance scenes during the commercials, too.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Wed May 01, 2013 10:53 pm

BlueMoon wrote:I figured Andy would be the next to go. I feel for Sharna because I think she really tries extra hard to make up for what he can't do. Some people just aren't great dancers. I know I'm not.
I think Sean will be the next one to go.
I like Zendaya and I think she's a great dancer, but she is a little young to be on the show. I think Kellie and Derek will take the mirror ball, though. I didn't think Derek was going to be on the show this season, but I'm glad to see him. He is an incredible dancer.
It's nice, too, to see some new pros on the show this time. I just can't imagine dancing in those high heels much less doing flips in them. I hope they have good medical insurance. Now they've started doing those little dance scenes during the commercials, too.
WELCOME Bluemoon. Any friend of singly's is a friend of ours[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu May 02, 2013 7:06 am

You flatter me, Vic. Thanks. I'm glad to see you posting again. Next week, you'll have to jump in on Tuesday morning before we've said it all. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And Blue, one flip onto high heels would have me in an ankle cast. LOL.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 02, 2013 7:09 am

Permit me to add my welcome, Bluemoon. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There's been some question about Zendaya's age. Perhaps she is too young to be on a show like this, where implied sexuality is shown. Considering Val's performance with Kelly, he must be exercising a lot of self-discipline in his choreography. At 16 she should be enjoying people of her own age. Nevertheless, she is good, although I suspect when she matures, and has more emotional experiences, she will be a better dancer. JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Thu May 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi, Everybody!Smile Thank you so much for the warm welcomes!Smile They make me smile!Smile

I think Val is being really careful around Zendaya, too. She seems really mature, but she is still young nevertheless. I noticed even Sean and Catherine looked a little uncomfortable when Peta was showing Sean how to do a move in a practice session with Catherine.
Those high heels would have to go! I just can't imagine what that is doing to these dancers' bodies.(:
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Thu May 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Welcome, BlueMoon! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi everyone! I really think they should have fixed her up with with a younger dancer around her age. I would not have let my 16 y/o daughter dance with Val.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2013 5:21 am

I believe Val has been a total gentleman around Zendaya.

To succeed in any "art" one must have a range of emotions which the average 16 year old does not possess. I think he is trying to teach her to have that range, without any overt sexuality on either of their parts. He is intense like Maks but I believe more gentle.

I hope they win so at least one of the Chmerkovsky brothers can have a mirror-ball trophy. It is clear the judges will always bait Maks, if and when he returns to the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top