DWTS Fourth Week

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DWTS Fourth Week

Post by gin1972 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:43 am

Mom was on drugs and so was her father. Her dad went to jail and mom took off went to Ca and left Kelly with her grandmother. After Kelly was on AI and she got a record contract Kelly found Mom and Mom did not want to have anything to do with her. When Kelly got to really making records and money mom contacted Kelly and wanted money. Kelly said no. They have never spoken since.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:52 am

gin1972 wrote:Mom was on drugs and so was her father. Her dad went to jail and mom took off went to Ca and left Kelly with her grandmother. After Kelly was on AI and she got a record contract Kelly found Mom and Mom did not want to have anything to do with her. When Kelly got to really making records and money mom contacted Kelly and wanted money. Kelly said no. They have never spoken since.

I just watched a video of her mom talking about it. She takes no responsibility for doing something that is unthinkable to most people. Sad.

grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:21 pm

I think you ladies have said it all! LOL!

SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 pm

grace8136 wrote:
gin1972 wrote:Mom was on drugs and so was her father. Her dad went to jail and mom took off went to Ca and left Kelly with her grandmother. After Kelly was on AI and she got a record contract Kelly found Mom and Mom did not want to have anything to do with her. When Kelly got to really making records and money mom contacted Kelly and wanted money. Kelly said no. They have never spoken since.

I just watched a video of her mom talking about it. She takes no responsibility for doing something that is unthinkable to most people. Sad.

Grace can you give me the link to that video or what to google for it, I would like to see that. I knew she had been raised by her grandparents and that her dad had been in prison but there was never much said about her mom when she was on American Idol. I liked her on American Idol and she is my favorite on DWTS.

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Kellie may not have danced the best last night but she is still my favorite. She has so much natural talent and has really made a wonderful life for herself in spite of her past. I believe she also has a daughter around 13 years old??

I liked Aly's dance up UNTIL the gymnastics. I don't think that should even be included as part of the judging because it is such an EXTREME edge over the other competitors.

I would never vote for Andy but I do think he has improved and respect him for being upfront and honest about his past and his humbleness toward that. Don't see a lot of that in Hollywood.

Victor - he walked instead of danced.

Jacoby is getting better and better.

Ingo I think is the most improved and will get better and better but not sure if he has the fan base.

Zendaya stole the night but will never get my vote because I don't believe children should be on this show.

DL don't think he deserved the scores judges gave him, but I think they did it as some sort of a "token" scoring.

Sean ummmm...okay, not much improvement....didn't deserve a six but I didn't see the dance as a 7 either. But he was a whole lot better than DL.

Lisa needs to go.....I even question the whole bit of her passing out. My gut tells me she wants off the show so this was a way to manipulate it. In spite of that, she did, however, dance okay.

I think either DL or Lisa will go tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:13 pm

sdreindeer wrote:Kellie may not have danced the best last night but she is still my favorite. She has so much natural talent and has really made a wonderful life for herself in spite of her past. I believe she also has a daughter around 13 years old??

I liked Aly's dance up UNTIL the gymnastics. I don't think that should even be included as part of the judging because it is such an EXTREME edge over the other competitors.

I would never vote for Andy but I do think he has improved and respect him for being upfront and honest about his past and his humbleness toward that. Don't see a lot of that in Hollywood.

Ingo I think is the most improved and will get better and better but not sure if he has the fan base.

Zendaya stole the night but will never get my vote because I don't believe children should be on this show.

DL don't think he deserved the scores judges gave him, but I think they did it as some sort of a "token" scoring.

Sean ummmm...okay, not much improvement....didn't deserve a six but I didn't see the dance as a 7 either. But he was a whole lot better than DL.

Lisa needs to go.....I even question the whole bit of her passing out. My gut tells me she wants off the show so this was a way to manipulate it. In spite of that, she did, however, dance okay.

I TA. I am voting for Sean that way he will have some money when he leaves to start their lives. Once it getting less and less people I will switch my votes to Kelly. I can not see splitting my votes cause it will cancel out each other. Man dance

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Here is a cute video I saw of Kellie on the Ellen Degeneres show talking about DWTS. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"http://www.youtube.com/embed/cV9tXlAnPSk?feature=player_embedded"

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:29 pm

SLA44 wrote:Here is a cute video I saw of Kellie on the Ellen Degeneres show talking about DWTS.

"http://www.youtube.com/embed/cV9tXlAnPSk?feature=player_embedded"

Thanks SLA.....she is just a doll We have a winner

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi everyone. I hope you don't think that I have abandoned you. Just been a litle under the weather from some minor surgery and not in a sit down and type mood. Not in a mood for anything much more than tv and food Very Happy Think it's also the weather. But in any event here I am. Now it is kind of late and the show is on in 10 minutes and a recap would take way longer than that to write!
Then again, who needs my recap. You all have really nailed a lot of what's going on. I am so proud!! I read every post and between all of you, you kind of got around to most of what I was going to say.
Maybe I'll just reply to some of the posts and do it that way for now--though I did take copious notes and am well armed for duty[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]however, don't want to be redundant.
To jump ahead, to agree with you, probalby Lisa or DL tonight. I also think that she would be relieved to go home at this point. Maybe she will even follow in Dorothy's footsteps and tell them that she'd like to leave and that way no one else has to be eliminated.
DL certainly DID walk through that dance. Fox Trot is a gliding motion and one is supposed to take"flight" during the FT. That means long sweeping steps which cover a lot of the dance floor. He didn't even take short gliding steps. He did improve and he does try but I think Andy's story might keep him in tonight and Victor still has a fan base so that leaves DL or Lisa.

Last edited by victorian3 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:58 pm

PS I gave DL a 6- last night--which is almost a 5.5 in my book. He got 777????? I guess for effort but should have been 666.

victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Okay, okay, I paused the tv and decided to do this recap, or at least half right now before it is after the fact Smile

KELLIE Rhumba me 8.5 Judges 989
Beautiful lines, correct form, BUT too abrupt in her movements..kind of like when you keep turning a kaleidoscope quickly. Missing rhumba walks--what I had looked forward to seeing. Also, Rhumba is a very sensual, slow dance. Though she performed so well, those aspects were not there.

VICTOR Paso Doble me 6, possibly 6.5 Judges 666 This was an extremely difficult song to dance to. If I were at a studio and heard this, I would not think to dance a Paso. It's hard enough to do without having music that doesn't help you stay on beat. He was powerful, head the necessary attitude, did the correct steps but not with the correct form - he was rather jumping instead of pouncing and stalking. It showed effort but he lacked the refinement in the arms and the lines one needs.

INGO Viennese Waltz me 8 Judges 878 One main comment . I GOT TOTALLY LOST IN THIS DANCE. Stopped paying attention to details and just flowed with it. It was really beautiful and romantic. There was something about it. I had to rewatch to see what I really thought. There were nice extensions, good posture-I loved when he would draw himself up and tilt ihis head--he looked professional at times. His turns were good as were his partnering skills. Good solo with correct foot placement and turns
LISA Cha Cha me 6 Judges 666 What to say here, well, I liked Gleb's sleeveless tuxedo shirt:Very Happy She was on the wrong foot and had difficullty recovering but managed to pull it off somehow with very little practice. I thought it would even worse. I give her credit for trying. At least it didn't appear as if he was totally dragging her around. However, even if she had had move practice, the end result probably would have been the same. This is not easy for her. Considering her fatigue, etc. it would be best if she either leaves or gets voted out.
DL Fox Trot me 6- as discussed above Judges 777 SEE ABOVE POST
to be continued...

victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:53 pm

Just took a break from this to watch some of the entertainment on the show tonight. All goo dperformances tonight (no hip hop or rap Yeah). Andre Bocelli flubbed a line but it was in Spanish so you might not notice but Jenifer Lopez noticed (and me). He apologizes at the end and she says that it's okay.
I still don't know who is in jeopardy only who is safe so let me finish this before I find out:)
ZENDAYA samba me 9- (translation 8.75:scratch:) Judges 989 Good job, precise clean steps, however, lacked some of the up and down bouncy moves required in a samba which contributed to making it look like more of a Hustle. isay jazzy snazzy.
Sean Viennese Waltz me 7 to 7.5 Judges 677 Carrie took off one point for a lift. BOOOOOOO!!!! As I said yesterday, he looks like a dance school student who is making progress. he has something that is innocent yet charming and natural and refreshing when he dances. A sweet quality. I even like how he conducts himself in the skybox. he also listens, applauds, empathizes or rejoices with another "star" on their comments about their performance. He is a crowd pleaser...ABC's little golden boy ( in a man's tall muscled body). He had good posture, took the necessary large sweeping steps but sometimes he lost his concentration ( so much to remeber) and looked like the aforementioned student dancing with a teacher in dance class. (In contrast, Gilles Marini never looked like that, and infact, often looked a pro himself). Sean needs to work on his timing as he kept going faster and faster and reminded me of Micky in the Sorcerer's Apprentice with the buckets and the mop).[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ALEZANDRA Comtemporary me 9 Judges 999 Though I am not enthralled with her--something just doesn'tgive off that spark-she did a great job. She embraced the character and created something beautiful. She looked completely in sync with Mark. This was a good dance for her to get considering her area of expertise. The costume once again was not flattering. She needs something that will NOT show off her middle. She is very muscular and I think it was hard for Mark to do the lifts with her.
ANDY Viennese Waltz me7 Judges 777 At ouching story, a touching performance. beautiful song just lent itself to fluidity. He used his arms well, did good reverse turns, and it was a correct VW without a lot of fluff as Len would say. CarrieAnne said it best when she comopared it toa beautiful simple poem that only had three words. He's not leaving this week.

JACOBY Fox Trot me 7.5 to 8 Judges 888 Here is another example of a dance that is hard to perform because of the chosen song. The song was country. That can throw you way off whenyou are a beginning dancer. If I heard that i'd have a hard time doing a Fox Trot. Right after they started they did an intricate grapevine step (crossing over and over down the line). It looked good except for his ocassional posture slips and his rear sticking out but that may be because he is so much taller and feels that he has to lean down. Akso, it can be his training of bending over and protecting the ball (FOOTball --what were you thinking)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think he is getting better and will last for quite some time but don't think he will win (as Carrie said he could).
Okay, so that's it for tonight. SAtriaght forward, saying mostly what you all said already. Now let me go see who is out. probably Lisa, think it should be Lisa but who knows....

victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 pm

gin1972 wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:Kellie may not have danced the best last night but she is still my favorite. She has so much natural talent and has really made a wonderful life for herself in spite of her past. I believe she also has a daughter around 13 years old??

I TA. I am voting for Sean that way he will have some money when he leaves to start their lives. Once it getting less and less people I will switch my votes to Kelly. I can not see splitting my votes cause it will cancel out each other. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I like you recap:)

victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Okay, I saw the results and I am not saying a word other than:

GUESS WHO IS DANCING NEXT WEEK------CALLING sla AND PROBABLY MANY MORE OF YOU....
DON'T FAINT....
HEARTS BE STILL..........
HE WILL RETURN---OUR HEARTTHROB

MAKS, yes MAKS MAKS MAKS MAKS MAKS MAKS MAKS[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11 pm

victorian3 wrote:Okay, I saw the results and I am not saying a word other than:

GUESS WHO IS DANCING NEXT WEEK------CALLING sla AND PROBABLY MANY MORE OF YOU....
DON'T FAINT....

MAKS, yes MAKS MAKS MAKS MAKS MAKS MAKS MAKS[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are you serious? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:13 pm

SLA44 wrote:

DON'T FAINT....

Totally serious SLA and sooo glad you saw this. It is announced at the end. We have a treat to look forward too. Now remember, we are sharing this man.

victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:15 pm

It was nice to see Anna dancing tonight.

USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:16 pm

victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:

DON'T FAINT....

Totally serious SLA and sooo glad you saw this. It is announced at the end. We have a treat to look forward too. Now remember, we are sharing this man.

Who said anything about sharing? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:18 pm

USN wrote:It was nice to see Anna dancing tonight.

I agree USN, I wonder if she will ever come back as a regular. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:21 pm

victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:

DON'T FAINT....

MAXS did a strip on General Hospital today. Saw his tidy white's LOL

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:25 pm

HUH. I figured him for a boxer brief guy.

USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:26 pm

SLA44 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:

DON'T FAINT....

Who said anything about sharing? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Okay, then I graciously thank you. A while back we had agreed to share but I really wanted to keep him so since you relinguishing your share, he's all mine, mine, mine. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:36 pm

victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:

DON'T FAINT....

Okay, then I graciously thank you. A while back we had agreed to share but I really wanted to keep him so since you relinguishing your share, he's all mine, mine, mine. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] That will be a cold day in hello land [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:55 pm

SLA44 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:

DON'T FAINT....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] That will be a cold day in hello land [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Friendship is more important than a man so I'll just take him and keep you as a friend. I refuse to fight. He and I will just go off somewhere and you won't be able to find us. When our date is done he will return to tvland and you can see him ethere on his next guest appearance. How's that....[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by victorian3 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:10 am

Here's the really cool thing: I can remain friends with all of you because I think Maks is a total waste of time, and I'm not going to challenge anyone for him. In fact, I'll give my sympathies to whoever "wins" him.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum