The Contestants

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Contestants Empty The Contestants

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:07 am

If anyone's interested, the NBC website (www.nbc.com) has pictures of the three guys and some of the ladies who will be on the show.

Back to top Go down

The Contestants Empty Re: The Contestants

Post by singlyme Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:50 am

Was this show ever on before, or is it something new? I've put it on my schedule to watch but don't know what to expect. Three bach's? How many women?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:10 am

It's a new show, but I'm sure we'll find similarities to dating shows which have come before it. I think each bachelor will start out with 12 women.

I just fed "ready for love" to my search engine and here's what I got, so have fun everyone:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=ready+for+love+tv+show&form=MOZSBR&pc=MOZI

Last edited by newto the boards on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to provide more information)

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:53 pm

I like the idea that there are three Bachelors and hope they are really ready to settle down - that makes all the difference! This starts next Tuesday night, right?
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:09 pm

SmartandTruthful wrote:I like the idea that there are three Bachelors and hope they are really ready to settle down - that makes all the difference! This starts next Tuesday night, right?

Yes I think it airs right after the Voice so it will probably conflict with DWTS elimination show. Sad
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi. My cable provider has all these interesting choices. When I go into "on Demand" I can see(amongst many other things), previews of shows that will be on. When I clicked on "Ready for Love' I had my choice of meeting the bachelors or the matchmakers , or of watching a preview (each of the choices is anywhere from 4-7 minutes).
The executive producer is Eva Longoria (aka Gaby on Desperate Housewives). There are three bachelors: Tim Lopez rock band member,Ben Patton businessman (I like his looks), and Ernesto Arguello--not sure what he does but says he's never been in love.
Matt, Amber, and Tracey are the matchmakers. They go through thousands of applications and choose thirty six womenwho they think are "ready for love". They guide them through the mistakes they could make while dating.
The emcees are this supposedly happily married couple Bill & Juliana Rancic.
It seemed like later on there are twelve women--four for each bachelor...but not sure. There must be some kind of weekly elimination process.
It will be on Tuesdays at 9 pm on channel NBC (yes, comflicting with DWTS elimination).
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:24 am

Normally, I would be okay with giving up DWTS elim night. The last one minute would suffice. But, I must say, last week's show was entertaining.

I checked out the above link and look-wise, don't find any of them to my taste. It's often the case until the personalities come out. Looks aren't all that matter.

I'm curious to see this date coaching from the matchmakers. Sounds like a recipe for being phony and not yourself. How will a bach know what he's really getting? I'll give it a shot.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:16 am

I was all set to watch and enjoy this show. Then, I saw the previews last night. Fighting beyotches seems to be the rule. I don't need a season of multiple Tierras. Don't enjoy conflict. If I did, I'd watch boxing. lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Have it on DVR as I was watching DWTS and posting my recap. I'll watch it tomorrow and let you know what I think. I don't think it will be too good though. Think you're right with what you said. But BOXING...nah, rather check this out. More chick flicky...
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:18 am

Given that the DWTS results show is mostly a bunch of filler until they get to the last five minutes, I flipped back and forth between it and Are You Ready for Love. I watch most of the first hour of it, which was Tim Lopez choosing women.

Man. The Bachelor is a stupid enough show. This one seems even stupider. I turned it off before it started the second hour.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:17 am

So did I, WW. I lasted about 25 minutes. The first ten minutes was bs about the show. It's WAY too drawn out. He had only picked two women of the first batch when I bailed.

It seems the matchmakers will coach the women on how to win the man. Okay, so she can step out of her own personality for a few dates. What happens when the guy gets her home?

The previews of the in-fighting were enough to dampen my interest. I'll put up with stuff I don't like for a while. Then, my back goes up, I get rebellious, and dump the entire show permanently.

Fortunately, this one showed its true colors from the beginning.

And Vic, I HATE boxing!The Contestants 3818743426

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:28 am

One of the bachelors-Ernesto has a sister who is currently on Fashion Star. Guess the family likes reality shows. Fashion Star is actually pretty good. I like how the store buyers bid on the designs. His sister is pretty good and could win this season. There is one other that seems quite good. You can watch it on Hulu.

I forgot to record Ready for Love last night. Hopefully NBC will put in on their website today.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:41 am

grace8136 wrote:One of the bachelors-Ernesto has a sister who is currently on Fashion Star. Guess the family likes reality shows. Fashion Star is actually pretty good. I like how the store buyers bid on the designs. His sister is pretty good and could win this season. There is one other that seems quite good. You can watch it on Hulu.

I forgot to record Ready for Love last night. Hopefully NBC will put in on their website today.

Grace I watch Fashion Star so which one is his sister? Fashion Star may be a reality show but there is more reality to it since they do get their designs actually bid on and sold by some stores. Whereas some of these dating shows are just scripted/edited nonsense. Ernesto will not be on until next week. This first two hour show was all on Tim so Ernesto and Ben still haven't been shown with any women yet.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:20 pm

SLA44 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:One of the bachelors-Ernesto has a sister who is currently on Fashion Star. Guess the family likes reality shows. Fashion Star is actually pretty good. I like how the store buyers bid on the designs. His sister is pretty good and could win this season. There is one other that seems quite good. You can watch it on Hulu.

Grace I watch Fashion Star so which one is his sister? Fashion Star may be a reality show but there is more reality to it since they do get their designs actually bid on and sold by some stores. Whereas some of these dating shows are just scripted/edited nonsense. Ernesto will not be on until next week. This first two hour show was all on Tim so Ernesto and Ben still haven't been shown with any women yet.

His sister is Silvia. I also like Hunter Bell. I didn't really expect to like Fashion Star, but it's pretty good. I watched it last season too. If you watch Ernesto's intro video, you will see Silvia.

I just watched Ready for Love on Hulu. I'm a little skeptical about Tim. Maybe he is just promoting his band? I think Leah may have been a groupie and he seemed less than thrilled that she was there. It's best that he cut her early, because having a girl that had slept with him among the other girls was not helpful for those relationships. I didn't find the first episode all that interesting, but I'll watch a few more episodes. I liked that show... "Love in the Wild" Too bad they canceled it.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:37 pm

I really liked "Love in the Wild" and am said they did not continue with it. Last I heard the top three couples from last season were still together and also friends with each other.

I think Silvia and Hunter are the best two designers on Fashion Star this season. Last week was interesting they way they had two designers working together and some did very well.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:46 pm

There was a tunic top done by Cassandra in week 3 that I was actually going to buy, but I watched the show like 3 days after it aired and it was already sold out.

I only saw one season of Love in the Wild. How many were there? Maybe I can find another season to watch.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:02 pm

grace8136 wrote:There was a tunic top done by Cassandra in week 3 that I was actually going to buy, but I watched the show like 3 days after it aired and it was already sold out.

I only saw one season of Love in the Wild. How many were there? Maybe I can find another season to watch.

I think there were 3 but maybe it was only 2. I liked the format of the show where they spent 24/7 together and they really got to know each other and had some options of changing partners if it wasn't working out. It really was like a dating/survivor show mixed into one. I will have to go back and watch week 3 again and check out that tunic top by Cassandra.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:34 pm

I watched the second week of Ready For Love last night and I will say it was much better than the first night and I will be watching it next week as well. Last night they had the final two bachelors picking their 9 gals and having their first dates and first eliminations.

Grace they did show the video of Ernesto that showed his sister Silvia. I really found myself liking Ernesto and am looking forward to seeing how his search for love ends up. I thought it was funny how he said he has always struck out in the love department and needed a batting coach so we will see if a batting coach works for him.

Ben has an ex-girlfriend from 5 years ago trying to win him back so that should be interesting as well to watch.

The previews showed all three of the bachelors with a ring box, and no it was not a Neil Lane ring box, so it looks like all three of them may have found love. Time will tell, but I know that I will continue to watch - at least for a while.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:03 pm

I watched it last night, too, SLA, and was disgusted with myself for being fascinated by it. I'm even more disgusted with myself because I plan to keep watching it. The Contestants 3628401209

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Widder Woman wrote:I watched it last night, too, SLA, and was disgusted with myself for being fascinated by it. I'm even more disgusted with myself because I plan to keep watching it. The Contestants 3628401209

The Contestants 2245567708
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:22 pm

SPOILER -- From what I've seen elsewhere in spoiler posts, only one of the three actually proposes.

Last night was better than the first week, since there was less "dribble" put out there for us to slog through. JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Well that would be better than none but will it last is the big question - if it does than it will still be a better record than the bachelor.

I too thought last night was better than the first night and I see on their website they are already asking for applicants for season 2 so it looks like they are planning on doing it again.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:53 pm

There's a theory this was taped last summer. Will be interesting to see if any of them are still with their F1. I wonder if they have kept them separated like on Bachelor. If so, and it is for all this time, it will not bode well for any of the relationships.

They might be casting for season 2, but if the numbers tank, so will the show. Frankly, I expect it to be a one-time thing. I will be surprised if there is more than one season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:44 pm

I'll be surprised, too, Newto.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top