Initial thoughts BEFORE show airs

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Initial thoughts BEFORE show airs  - Page 2 Empty Re: Initial thoughts BEFORE show airs

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:31 pm

I just want to throw my two cents in and that is that I really liked William Levy!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Initial thoughts BEFORE show airs  - Page 2 Empty Re: Initial thoughts BEFORE show airs

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:53 pm

SLA44 wrote:I just want to throw my two cents in and that is that I really liked William Levy!

SLA...you can throw your 5 cents in....LOL. I also like the football players. They usually look big and awkward at first and progress into great dancers. They have the stamina and the ability to lift their partners with no problem. Loved Kirstie Alley as well. She had so much confidence right from the beginning when she could barely dance and she worked her butt off. I think when the dancer makes any mistake, it throws them off not only physically, but mentally. Yes, I remember that fall with Karina and whoa.....it threw me off-balance while watching. I do like that it is done live though, especially since there are so few live programs on any more. I really hope Sean does well. He does look like he has the potential to get better and I think he is one to work really hard. Relax and enjoy the rest of your evening Victorian!! ❤

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:11 pm

sdreindeer wrote:
SLA44 wrote:I just want to throw my two cents in and that is that I really liked William Levy!

SLA...you can throw your 5 cents in....LOL. I also like the football players. They usually look big and awkward at first and progress into great dancers. They have the stamina and the ability to lift their partners with no problem. Loved Kirstie Alley as well. She had so much confidence right from the beginning when she could barely dance and she worked her butt off. I think when the dancer makes any mistake, it throws them off not only physically, but mentally. Yes, I remember that fall with Karina and whoa.....it threw me off-balance while watching. I do like that it is done live though, especially since there are so few live programs on any more. I really hope Sean does well. He does look like he has the potential to get better and I think he is one to work really hard. Relax and enjoy the rest of your evening Victorian!! ❤

Rein you had to be pulling for Donald Driver! I think all the Cheeseheads and football fans were pulling for him!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:54 pm

That hottie was worth more than just your 2 cents:D
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:02 pm

victorian3 wrote:
That hottie was worth more than just your 2 cents:D

Oh yes he was and I was sorry he was not brought back for the all star season - I didn't get my fill of him yet. Between him and Maks I was in Wowza heaven! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks rein. Just for the record, let me tell you that you can put any one of us/you with a pro and we'd pogress from whereever we started. Even if you are not particularly limber you can learn the steps and just do them "carefully" as some of the judges call it. That means taking your time and doing the steps correctly but not being too creative, or taking any chances or adding any pizazz.
ANY prson takin glessons for any reason will have to make some pregress. On DWTS they practice at least five hours a day and that is not easy. In the beginning every part of you hurts and you find out how many parts youhave that you didn't know you had. When that happens, you surely are making some progress.
Some people are such beginners that in comparison the progress looks minute, but it is progress nonetheless.
And yes, anyone can be thrown off. The trick is, if you get lost to just wing it, cover up and keep going.
BTW my job today was in a Middle School teaching readin gas a sub. I used to teach elementary school in NYC. NEVER wanted to set foot, much less all of my body:lol: in a middle school. After today, I'm done with that level. Back to elementary school for me. These kids are so disrespectful and I feel so badly for the ones who really behaved and wanted to learn.
One more thing...years ago I did a ballroom dance show in the auditorium. Every teacher had to put on a show. The principal was against me doing it. I travel to my own beat and did it anyway. I taught Tango--difficult dance--to my third graders. They loved it and som ewere so good. My "partner" (the best dancer in the group) came up to my waist. Wish I had a pic. Anyway, I was a pioneer in that area because now dance is incorporated into many classrooms on the elelmentary level and there is even a movie about it. It's like miniDWTS. (Sorry folks, didn't mean to write a novel)Smile
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Oh SLA, am I going to have to challenge you to a duel for Maks? I loved him too. He's trouble though and if I were on the show I could never be partnered with him. I need a gentle touch. BUT, I think he is the best dancer along with Louis Van Amstel who is a great choreographer and Tonyt is very good also. Maks just is HOT when he dances. I love his style best of all. His brother dances similarly and the new hottiw, Gleb, is from the same mold. Wonder what Maks is doing currently?
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:40 pm

victorian3 wrote:Oh SLA, am I going to have to challenge you to a duel for Maks? I loved him too. He's trouble though and if I were on the show I could never be partnered with him. I need a gentle touch. BUT, I think he is the best dancer along with Louis Van Amstel who is a great choreographer and Tonyt is very good also. Maks just is HOT when he dances. I love his style best of all. His brother dances similarly and the new hottiw, Gleb, is from the same mold. Wonder what Maks is doing currently?

Yep we just may have to have a duel - there's just no replacement for Maks and I think he was made out to be worse than he really is - wow can that man dance! But I'll let you have the new guy Gleb - he can't come close to Maks for me so if you are happy with him and I can have Maks we can avoid the duel! What happened to Louis he hasn't been a regular cast member for a couple of seasons now. Question
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Don't those of you who swoon over Maks care for his brother, Val?

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Widder Woman wrote:Don't those of you who swoon over Maks care for his brother, Val?

Well yes but he's just not Maks! I think he is a great dancer and choreographer and did a fantastic job last night but he doesn't have the wow factor to me that Maks does. I still like Val though and switched my votes over to him last season as soon as Maks was voted off - well actually I split my votes between the two them until Maks was voted off. Wink
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Dedicated to SLA my fan club president
Thoughts AFTER seeing the show:
* Some were posted during the show. Look back as I'm too tired to rewrite extra stuff Sleep
*Zenaya and Kellie are the front runners and should go far (if not sabotaged by judges/voters)

* Kellie has wonderful extensions and sexy and correct Cuban motion. So My pre show guess here was correct. Score one for victorian;) Derek will really be able to get a lot out of her..hopefully.

* Wasn't sure about Victor before (I said his arms werren't correct) or even now (and Bruno said that he shouldn't throw his arms). He has some potential BUT...his other problem will be the pro. Lindsay definitely appeared nervous. She did not look like a pro when she danced. Her choreography is not that of a pro. Yes, she is new but she is also young and does not have the experience. Does anyone know how they pair star with pro? Personality? (Like thinking Kirstie could handle Maks and someone else could not?) Or is it who they think will go far is paired with a top pro who they would like to keep around (like Maks, Tony, Cheryl, Karina, Louis and now Derek too?) In any event, he won't make it too far, maybe a few weeks, unless a few others don't get the votes and then he might last longer but I doubt it.

*Ingo. Didn't know anything about him, don't watch General Hospital, but I liked him. He did very well with the contemporary dance and of course he had Kym. (Kym, Mark, and Peta are like the secondary pros. They are good but not quite on the level of those listed above). The routine had a lot of passion and that is part of the score (performance). He will be around for a long time I think, provided he works hard. He has the body to really do well in the smooth styles, and the passion to do well in the Latin dances.

*Lisa, LUCKY LADY!!! She scored big time by being paired with Gleb.
Though he, too, is new to the show, he is an excellent dancer, proficent in choreopgraphy, and an excellent, confident performer. He will have to adjust his pace with Lisa though as it looked a bit like he was dragging her around and she was hanging on. It's just the first week and I'm sure she will do better but I don't know how far she will get. Viewers may vote more for Gleb because they want to keep him around as eye candy. However, i do see her as having potential.

*DI and Cheryl. How did they get paired? Cheryl is terrific but there is just so much that she can do. If someone doesn't feel it, no matter how good of a dancer you can become technically, you will never be really good. He didn't feel it. He was too stiff, his feet were flat (rather than on the balls of his toes) and he did not have any hip action which is crucial to a chacha.Yet, I think he tried his best and he was fun. He partnered Cheryl without a mistake. He was where he should be at all times. Her dancing was so obviously outshining him though because he was just too stiff. The judges want him voted out so he got straight 4s. Surprised he didn't get any 5s. Are they doing half scores this season? Didn't hear that part. Then he could be 4 and a half Smile
*Zendaya was incredible. Of course, at 16 I could move too, couldn't you🇳🇴 What do you mean no? No other dancers here???? Ok, to go on, she is paired with hottie Val who takes after brother Maks. He is an up and coming pro. The two had undenial chemistry on the dance floor as performers (no rein, I don't mean they want each other THAT way). She feels the music, was spot on with the timing, and they looked like they were equals. She could take it all at the end.
HALF WAY POINT INTERMISSION, Go eat, rest, bathroomate, etc. I will post this and continue in separate post

Last edited by victorian3 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Fine SLA. Since you have been so good to me I'll start with Gleb, progress to val, and then get your sloppy seconds. ...MAKS!!! Did you reallythink he would stay faithful to you? Don't fret, he won't stay faithful to me either. he'll just move on. In truth, he only has eyes for one true love, and that is......HIMSELF!!!! but I love him. Quick, precise, sexy moves. Great choreopgrapher too,
Louis is probably off somewhere with his choreography. He used to help Tony.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:31 pm

victorian3 wrote:Fine SLA. Since you have been so good to me I'll start with Gleb, progress to val, and then get your sloppy seconds. ...MAKS!!! Did you reallythink he would stay faithful to you? Don't fret, he won't stay faithful to me either. he'll just move on. In truth, he only has eyes for one true love, and that is......HIMSELF!!!! but I love him. Quick, precise, sexy moves. Great choreopgrapher too,
Louis is probably off somewhere with his choreography. He used to help Tony.

Well maybe he won't be faithful to me but I will sure enjoy my time with him while it lasts! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for the critique above and looking forward to the 2nd part.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Thoughts AFTER the show part 2:
Okay , let's continue.
*Sean. The bachelor. Blond. Tall. Glitter sequin red tux jacket. tried hard. Couldn't quite cut it but definitely showed his hard work. He needs refinement in his moves, There is so much for dnacers, who are not dancers, to think about and it is impossible to think of everything when ALL of it is new to you. Could you simply speak a foreign language for a a minute and half with a week's practice? Even that is difficult. here thre is so much more to think about. The main thing they think about is to get throught the dance without forgetting it and without making an AS- of themselves. That's the truth. IF they are somewhat familiar with dance, and feel it, then they can work on some of the other things like foot/hand placement, hip actin etc. I think I wrote about that in another post somewhere on this thread(unless it was on DWTS First Night thread).
Sean looked sweet, very sincere, even really HOT for a few seconds when Peta put her hand on his chest and started to slide it down; he made a sexy bedroom type face:twisted:Then they went into the crossover steps sideways--a form of grapevine. He is trying, is a good student, has a great attitude, and really listened to every other "star" in the sky box when they were interviewed by Cheryl. He smiled and had a warm glow to his face. He seems genuinely sincere. I hope he lasts a while. Of course, that's not good for his relationship with Catherine...

I sure wrote a lot about him but he's the reason I met all of you so gave him extra consideration. He must be in his glory meeting Jacoby Jones. Did you see that incredible touchdown pass return that Jacoby made? WOW!!!
*Alexandra. Disappointing. With the bio buildup I expected good things like we saw from Shawn. Uh uh. Can't figure out out to spell that sound but it means nope!! Last night I posted that she and Kellie got the same scored but they were not equal in their dancing ability. Mark recignized that she could not do well in closed postion, and COULD do well in open and COULD shake those hips so he filled the dance with that. I was disappointed and expected more. The judges gave her three 7s to get voters to keep her inThey bias your votes. She won't be the first one to go though and mark is an excellent pro. i used to follow his parents< Corky and Shirley ballas when they performed in the mid 80s at all the televised Ohio star balls. i have many of those on my videocassettes. they were phenomenal. Corky has been a pro on the show too and he and his wife have coached some of the "stars".

* Dorothy What a sweetheart. Sincere, genuine. I like her and her story makes us empathetic. She was a bit careful and didn't really do anything special to make her stand out. I can't even recall her routine in my head. I'll look at my notes on her. Hmmm... I wrote:"nice lines good first dance--this contemporary is like her skating so she is comfortable" Len said she was gentle. Here is an example of who NOT to have paired with Maks (if he were here). he's make mincemeat out of her as they say. I RETRACT my bending sideways comment from my before the show post which i saw n a pic. She did do that , and it was like "i'm a little teapot, but it was a split second and it was part of the begging of the routine. She was okay but not memorable. tristan is a sweet man, a decent enough choreographer who will get better with time. They are a good match. i hope she makes itto the half way point at least.

*Wynonna is dancing very carefully. Her weight is not the real issue because Kirstie could really move. Someone else, oh I know, the girl from Hairspray, was overweight and she could REALLY move and was light on her feet. Wynonna is just plain afraid of it but learned the dance, did it correctly, but just too carefully. She needs to move more, aka loosen up, as Len said.

Andy. Once I heard his story, I felt more kindly towards him. My first thought before the show was"disaster" and my second was "nerd". Now he is sort of a person who may evoke empathy. He cried openly and seemed gentle and ernest about this show's importance to him. I gave him a 6. Judges voted 656. I usually vote the way that they do except when they all have different votes. (BTW I gave Alexandra a 5.5). He needs to improve on foot placement but it was a good softshoe. Kind of weird but interesting and entertaining. That's what Carrie said also. She said it touched her. There was something in that routine to be touched by. Len said it was skittish and jerky and it was and fox trot is supposed to be very smooth. ( BUT in the middle of the routine I saw him in closed postition walking forward correctly, then switching to walking bakwrd which is difficult and then turning his partner. It looked good. Plus, dancing with a prop, in this case a cane/baton, is NOT easy). After len's comment the audience booed. Bruno said he was like Woody Allen and he did resemble Woody a bit. I thought he might be the second voted out. Now he could last a tad longer, maybe. Depends on D.I.'s fate next week. BUT, one never knows with the voters. There have been shocking eliminations on the show.

*Last, but not least Jacoby. He has potential but not if he doesn't improve his posture. He has to remember that he is not protecting a football and running . He has to straighten up and not be afraid that he is taller than Karina. He has to watch his feet. He is a big guy trying to do what he probably feels are feminine steps. I think he did all right for a beginner. Don't think he'll make it to the end though--not even with Karina's help. Fans, however, may keep him in longer. Have to see next week.

That's it folks. All done. Now for all my effort I would appreciate some feedback. I know I don't come close to meddy's recaps but this is just my opinion as a dancer from a critical viewpoint and I did try to be entertaining. Hope you weren't bored. This was coerced out of me by SLA so please direct all complaints and/or future bookings to her as she is my agent & fan club president. Five minutes to show time. read fast now and go see if you agree with me.
with love
vicorian
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Good job vic3! ITA with you on Aly of being a big disappointment. She was a 5 to 1 odds favorite according the the Las Vegas odds makers but I sure didn't see it last night. Kellie and Zandaya both danced circles around her. It will be interesting to see what she does next week. Jacoby's posture really bothered me and I will be kind and not say what watching him reminded me of. You were nice in using the guarding the football thing so I will it at that. Thank you for doing this for us!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Very impressive, Victorian. I was never a DWTS board rat, so I don't know anything about Meddy's recaps. Yours, however, was first rate!

I'm sure that was a whole lot of effort, and I appreciate your taking the time and trouble to make it. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 pm

Widder Woman wrote:Very impressive, Victorian. I was never a DWTS board rat, so I don't know anything about Meddy's recaps. Yours, however, was first rate!

I'm sure that was a whole lot of effort, and I appreciate your taking the time and trouble to make it. Thanks!

Oh WW his recaps are on the bachelor board and really very funny. He had me laughing at his humor all the way through them. He doesn't recap DWTS - at least that's what he said and I've not been on the DWTS board before this season and then very little. It is a different bunch of people over there than the Bachelor board.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Thank you. Thank you very much. (bow). It feels good to be appreciated, but then again, you have to appreciate me since YOU talked me in to this:)
Have to tell you, I copied and pasted the first post- the one before I even saw the show- and put it on the abc DWTS thread. Didn't get any love there except for Miss Tart, a sweetie, and SLA. So I am done there. Those guys just care about cyber food Smile not my recap😢
PS Edited it this time it worked. Thanks SLA. It was weird though.

Last edited by victorian3 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Why are the smileys not working all the time? I picked a crying one for the end of the above post and instead it just says the WORD cry rather than the picture!!! Anyone know?
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:15 pm

victorian3 wrote:Why are the smileys not working all the time? I picked a crying one for the end of the above post and instead it just says the WORD cry rather than the picture!!! Anyone know?

Well that's weird I've never seen that happen before or at least never noticed it before. Have you tried editing it by deleting it and then trying again? Crying or Very sad
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Widder Woman wrote:Very impressive, Victorian. I was never a DWTS board rat, so I don't know anything about Meddy's recaps. Yours, however, was first rate!

Hi WW. Thank you for the appreciation. Didn't realize how much effort it would really take but it took me over an hour, more like an hour and a half. It would be easier if I could just talk instead of type Smile I always prefer live conversation, not cyber. Oh well.
As far as meddy's recaps, SLA told you his are very funny. He interjects just a few adjectives and you find yourself laughing. (ie ":Lindsay CLOMPS in in her high platform heels." This is out of context but the word CLOMPS is funny when you read it). Well, anyway, he does NOT recap DWTS as he is not a dancer and says it all goes too fast for him to take notes.

Last edited by victorian3 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 pm

Widder Woman wrote:
victorian3 wrote:GRRR!!! It happened again. I just finished composing my post and then someone else's appeared --SLA you hit "send" before I did. Then I watched mine go POOF in the box as screen returned to top of thread's page. Why does it do this!! Now I have to write it ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Evil or Very Mad

Victorian, look carefully at that screen that tells you someone else has posted. It puts that post on the screen, wants you to read it, then asks you if you still want to post yours. If you say "Yes," then it posts.

In other words, it gives you a chance to change your mind if the other person's new post makes a difference in what you want to say.
Thanks WW. It just happened to me again tonight (Tuesday) and this time I knew what to do thanks to you xoxo
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:23 pm

victorian3 wrote:Thanks rein. Just for the record, let me tell you that you can put any one of us/you with a pro and we'd pogress from wherever we started. Even if you are not particularly limber you can learn the steps and just do them "carefully" as some of the judges call it. That means taking your time and doing the steps correctly but not being too creative, or taking any chances or adding any pizzaz.(how do you spell this word?)
ANY prson taking lessons for any reason will have to make SOME progress. On DWTS they practice at least five hours a day and that is not easy. In the beginning every part of you hurts and you find out how many parts youhave that you didn't know you had. When that happens, you surely are making some progress.
Some people are such beginners that in comparison the progress looks minute, but it is progress nonetheless.
And yes, anyone can be thrown off. The trick is, if you get lost to just wing it, cover up and keep going.
BTW my job today was in a Middle School teaching readin gas a sub. I used to teach elementary school in NYC. NEVER wanted to set foot, much less all of my body:lol: in a middle school. After today, I'm done with that level. Back to elementary school for me. These kids are so disrespectful and I feel so badly for the ones who really behaved and wanted to learn.
One more thing...years ago I did a ballroom dance show in the auditorium. Every teacher had to put on a show. The principal was against me doing it. I travel to my own beat and did it anyway. I taught Tango--difficult dance--to my third graders. They loved it and som ewere so good. My "partner" (the best dancer in the group) came up to my waist. Wish I had a pic. Anyway, I was a pioneer in that area because now dance is incorporated into many classrooms on the elelmentary level and there is even a movie about it. It's like miniDWTS. (Sorry folks, didn't mean to write a novel)Smile
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:35 pm

Beddy bye time for me. Today's job wore me out..actually my TWO jobs with the second being writing recaps. Enjoy the show you west coasters. I think it is just the three of us on here anyway and I'm an east coaster. Nite.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:41 pm

victorian3 wrote:Beddy bye time for me. Today's job wore me out..actually my TWO jobs with the second being writing recaps. Enjoy the show you west coasters. I think it is just the three of us on here anyway and I'm an east coaster. Nite.

Good night - still have 20 mins before it is on here but I will be tuning in! Sleep
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top